Saturday 30 July 2016

Browse » home» » » » » » » » » » My New Flower Garden and I KILLED THE SNAKE!!

My New Flower Garden and I KILLED THE SNAKE!!


 
I wanted to show you all my new flower bed and despite the fact that I saw a snake and thought I was giving up on any kind of gardening - I was wrong!
 
I had bought this batch of saucers a few weeks ago and was bound and determined to do this flower bed around my sweet little Weeping Cherry tree by the back door. 
 
Sooooooo, John helped me clear the grass around the edges of the flowers (which I had planted several weeks ago) to make sure the "six foot snake" wasn't still there.  And it wasn't.  So, I proceeded to crawl around on my hands and bad knees and dig the little trench for the saucers to go into.
 
 
All went well and I was almost finished and that snake crawled up from the ground.  Needless to say, I moved faster than I have in quite some time.  John said - kill it!  So, I calmly picked up the grass shears and chopped him into a million little pieces.
 
 
Now, Brenda has to tell me that usually if there is one snake, there is more.
 
 
But, I'm not going to believe that!
 
My little edging on my flower bed turned out really cute.  I'm very proud that I was so brave and didn't let the snake get the best of me.  (I still don't like getting dirt under my fingernails tho.)
 
 
My flowers are doing well - but, who can kill Petunias and Sweet Potato Vine?
 
 
The Balloon Flower is still ballooning!!
 
 
And, this pot is doing well.  (At least it is still alive.)
 
 
My Fairy Garden is growing, but, can anyone tell me why the tall spiky plant is turning white?  I've had that plant in the house for several months and it didn't do that.  Do you think it is allergic to the sun?  And, oh yes, the little yellow gardening boots are wellies - not welties as I thought.
 
 
I have been known to make Fairy Gardens in unusual places, like this bird feeder...
 
 
a book...
 
 
cracked pots...
 
 
and even in the side of an old tree that the branch had died and fallen off.
 
Oh well.....
 
Enjoy!
 
Judy
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment