Sunday 10 July 2016

Browse » home» » » » » » A Mason Jar Banner Project

A Mason Jar Banner Project


 
Would you like to make a new banner/bunting?  With the popularity of the Mason Jars, I made one which is very simple and quick to finish.
 
 
First, find an image of the jar and trace onto a fusible interfacing.  I use this one (below) because it is very heavy and stable.
 
 
I traced six jars onto the fusible interfacing and then bonded them to six pieces of fabric in the pink and green families.
 
 
Now, this sounds crazy, but it was the only way I could get the corrugated look I wanted.  Take a piece of cardboard and tear off one of the outer layers to reveal the corrugated cardboard.  It's not hard and you can scrape all of the little bits and pieces off.
 
 
Then, cut out your jars that are bonded and cut the corrugated cardboard into lids for the jars.
 
Hot glue the lids to the jars and the jars to a twill tape which is what I used.  You could use ribbon, yard, baker's twine, etc.
 
 
And there you have your garland.
 
 
I tried to use fabrics that kind of looked like something you would see in a canning jar.  Don't you think the green looks like pickles - maybe???
 
Enjoy!
 
Judy
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment