Tuesday 5 July 2016

Browse » home» » » » » » Meeting a Fantastic Blogging Buddy

Meeting a Fantastic Blogging Buddy



Had to make a trip to Oklahoma City on Monday to the McGee Eye Institute.  In case you don't know, I have arthritis in my eyes - I know, crazy eh?

The local doctors sent me to OKC to this place to find the cause of my eye problem and that's what it was.

As long as I don't miss one dose of my arthritis meds, I'm ok.  However, a few weeks back, I had a horrible stomach virus (you know the stuff) and for four days could not keep my medicine down.  In other words, I missed four days of arthritis medicine.  So, that threw my eyes into a tizzy.

Anyway, I spend 2 1/2 hours having testing done just to make sure it wasn't anything else. Sometimes, I have to have shots in my eyes to clear this up but fortunately, this time the steroids will take care of it.

Then, we started home (sweet Tiff took off the day to go with me)  and had the most horrible rain storm I've been in in a long time.  It rained so hard you could barely see the taillights in front of you.  Couldn't go much over 40-50 mph.  It took us much longer to get home than usual.

I'm so thankful Tiffany insisted on going with me because they had REALLY dilated my eyes and I couldn't see a thing and with all of the heavy rain, I don't think I could have driven home.

Anyway, we made it safe and sound.

The GOOD part of the day was meeting Bev from 44 Street Fabrics.  She had an Etsy shop but is now selling on EBay.  She does the most gorgeous piecing and quilting I've ever seen.

We met her for lunch at a Mexican Cafe down in Bricktown.  

It was so much fun to sit and visit with her like we were old friends.  I'm looking forward to getting to visit with her again.

You'll notice the lights behind her kinda look like a halo.  She was so sweet that it could have been a real halo.

Enjoy!

Judy


No comments:

Post a Comment