Saturday 16 July 2016

Browse » home» » » » A Fun Project!

A Fun Project!


 
This project was so simple and easy! This is how it started out.....
 
 
Brenda sit this old metal outside table out by her gate and was going to put it out for the trashman or whoever got it first.
This was when she made her move from house to patio home.
 
 
 
I sanded it and painted the top and it just wasn't working.  It had been used for spray painting different items, so it had all different colors of paint combined with rust.
 
So......
 
 
I sanded the legs and spray painted them with a white primer and then a bright cherry red.
 
 
Next, I took a $3.97 vinyl tablecloth from Wal Mart and cut strips of it 5" by the width of the tablecloth.  Then I turned the table upside down and traced around the table top on the wrong side of the tablecloth.  I added a seam allowance to the circle.  I took the 5" strip and cut scallops along one end.
This was all done with a 60" round tablecloth.
 
Then all I did was sew the scallop strip to the circle top and overlapped it where it came together in the back.
 
Ta Da!!
 


I put it on the porch of my little craft house with the red metal chair that was painted the same color and I love it with the aqua door and painted rug.  I sit this Gerbera Daisy on the table along with a yellow piece of McCoy and it is a very pleasant place to sit. 
 
 
 
Note:  I also made a red and white checked pillow but I forgot to take it out when I took the photos.  Will show it next time.
 
But, the table will be perfectly fine outside and the tablecloth should wear for several seasons.
 
Enjoy!
 
Judy


 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment