Sunday 21 August 2016

Browse » home» » » » » » » » Vintage Silver A Fast and Easy Project

Vintage Silver A Fast and Easy Project


 
You all know how much I love my vintage, tarnished silver!  I collect a piece every chance I get.
 
Today's project is really quick and easy.
 
 
I started with this beautiful tarnished piece of silver.  I did nothing to it except wash the dirt off of it.  I then painted the inside of it with Americana Chalkboard Paint.  It took two coats to cover good. This comes in small - 4 oz. - containers at your local craft store.
 
 
I then took an old silver spoon that was very ornate and slightly bent it so that it had a curve in the handle.  I used E6000 glue to glue the spoon onto the silver platter.  Use the glue at both ends of the spoon that connect to the platter.
 
 At this point, I made a chalk holder.  I used some old lace that was just a tad wider than the chalk and sewed up each side to form a pocket for the chalk.
 
 
Loop the chalk holder over the curve standing up on the spoon and tied and stitch till you feel it is substantial.
 
Add a hanger on the back and you are done!!
 
 
A cute piece that would fit several places in your home!
 
Enjoy!
 
Judy
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment