Monday 1 August 2016

Browse » home» » » » » Friday and Saturday Treasures

Friday and Saturday Treasures


 
So,  I told you last week that I hit some really good sales.  Oh yeah!!
 
This is just a portion of what I found.  I'll tell you about some of them and get to the rest of them later in the week, OK?
 
Don't you love the little wooden hutch in the back?  It stands 13" tall and is 8" wide.  Cute little miniature.
 
 
I love this tin candleholder.  It is 18" tall and about 13" wide.  It was hot wired into a wall.  So, I'd have to have an electrician wire it if I use it.  It's really pretty tho.
 
 
In this view, there are some blue splatterware plates, a set of S&P shakers with red plastic tops, a set of six small white saucers with beautiful scalloped edges, two heavy glass ash trays, some doilies (of course) and some hankerchiefs.
 
 
I love this wooden box with the glass jars.  It measures 16" long by 4 1/2" wide.  Wouldn't it be great with herbs in it?
 
 
In this view, are some little dishes (more on those below), small white pitcher, cute clock with a bird on the top and various other things.
 
 
OK, these are the small white dishes I mentioned above.  There are six of them and they are 2 1/2" x 1 3/4".  So, they are tiny.  Anyone have an idea of what they are for? 
 
 
 
I found four of each of these.  Four plates and four soup bowls.  The plates are Anne Hathaway's Cottage and the bowls are Emm Court.  They are made by Myott Son and Co, Hanley, Shakespeare Land, made in England.
 
 
This gorgeous piece of crochet was in a plastic bag with the following note:
 
"Doily crocheted by Louise Rose (I think). 
Born 5-5-1892
Died 1-23-1989"
 
So, it is very old and just beautiful.
 
And last, but not least, for today are these charming Shamrock bowls.
 
 
I have told you that since my birthday is on St. Patrick's Day, I love to collect anything with shamrocks on it.  So, something to add to my collection. 
 
A lot of these items will be going on my Etsy shop later in the week.
 
Hope you enjoyed my outings.  I did.  It was so good just to be able to get out and get around without the snow and ice. 
 
Enjoy!
 
Judy
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment