Monday 8 August 2016

Browse » home» » » » A Spring Project

A Spring Project



It's been ages since we've done a project and since I know everyone is so anxious for Spring, let's do a Spring Teacup!!

Your materials needed:


Vintage Teacup
Doily
Old Lace (thin)
Moss
Spring Flowers
Ecru & Robins Egg Blue colored acrylic paint
Paint Brush
Bird's Nest
Hot Glue Gun
Tiny Easter eggs

Note:  I did not use the bird's nest as originally planned because it was just too large for the teacup.


All I could find in tiny eggs were colored, so I painted them in ecru and then splattered them in blue.


Hot glue the doily with some of it hanging over the edge.  Now remember, this will hang by the handle of the cup, so plan your arrangement accordingly.  You want your handle at the top.


Next, add moss, small snippets of yellow flowers and some curly vine and your eggs all nestled in the cup.

I took a small strip of scrapbook paper and cut the banner and wrote Spring on it with a marker.  I then folded it and hot glued it onto the cup rim.


I then took a length of vintage lace and tied thru the cup handle to make it where it would hang.

Hope you enjoy this project and it makes us dream a little of Spring and warm weather!


Don't forget to comment everyday this week for the Easter Giveaway!

Enjoy!

Judy









No comments:

Post a Comment