Wednesday 3 August 2016

Browse » home» » » Patriotic Post

Patriotic Post



 
I decided that the front porch had all of the patriotic décor it needed and I had just finished my firecrackers and they had no place to go.
 
So, I thought to myself, the craft storage/playhouse has no decorations right now, so off we went (Bella and I).
 
First let me tell you about the firecrackers.  They were fun and fairly inexpensive to make.  I searched and searched and searched for round fence posts!  None were to be found.  All I could find were the landscape timbers which were flat on the sides and that wasn't what I wanted.
 
Enter the guy at Home Depot who suggested a fence company.  Duh!!  So, I found one and of course they had the round fence posts.  They even cut my posts for me in the sizes I wanted.  I don't think we could have cut that wood at home.  It was really hard.
 
So, spray paint the whole piece with Primer White and let dry thoroughly.  Then mask off the bottom and spray the tops navy.  Mask off your stripes (and you can see that mine were not even) and spray paint red.
 
The fuses are a large poly rope I found at Home Depot.  They have this dandy little machine that cuts and seals with heat so the ends don't unravel.  The kind gentleman cut my three pieces and seared the ends for me.  What would we do without Home Depot help? I then traced the stars on and handpainted them.
 
The fence post was $8.00 and the rope was $1.26 for two foot.  I already had the paint, so for under $10.00, I had my three firecrackers!
 
 
This little red wrought iron chair I had found on a curb.  I sanded it down a little and sprayed it bright red.  I added a couple of nautical pillows and thought it looked pretty spiffy on the aqua porch with the hand painted rug I did last year, remember? 
 
 
Laynee wasn't around so I bribed Bella with some smoked chicken to pose on the porch.  She was not too thrilled but did it for the chicken.
 
So, the little playhouse is now decorated probably for the summer.
 
Enjoy!
 
Judy
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment