Tuesday 7 June 2016

Browse » home» » » » » » » » Day Two of Hearts and An Outing

Day Two of Hearts and An Outing



Today's heart is yellow.  Who says you can't have a heart made in yellow?  This is one I did that is mounted on a vintage wooden spool all adorned with lace, ribbon and buttons.


This is one of my all-time favorite pillows with a heart and a welcome.  The floral heart is stuffed and attached with a vintage button.



Another red stuffed heart and a mini banner done all in reds.  


I got a call on Friday from the funeral home saying that John's headstone had been set.  So, I took off this morning on a little outing to check it out.  

It was perfect - just like he would have wanted it.  He is buried in Pryor, OK - a small town that is about 45 minutes from Tulsa.  Pryor is where I grew up.  My Dad (many years ago) decided he wanted the family all together, so he bought a whole section of the cemetery.  He told us that the top two plots were his and Moms and then each of us girls had two plots.  So, John is buried right below my Dad.

As I was leaving the cemetery (which is also where my sister Jane and my great-grandson Landen are buried), I saw a herd of beautiful black cows.

I happened to have my camera with me and took this photo.  




I could hear John laughing in the background - what in the world is she taking a picture of cows for?

That made me smile.

Enjoy!

Judy


No comments:

Post a Comment