Friday 24 June 2016

Browse » home» » » » » » » » What To Do In Your Spare Time

What To Do In Your Spare Time


 
While John was in the hospital and while he is recuperating, I needed something that I could just pick up and do, but put down at any moment.
 
YO YOS!!!!
 
I decided that I wanted to make a runner to go across the end of the bed in my guest room.  It has red - yes red - painted walls and the bedspread is black and white print.
 
I was at the Ethan Allen store years ago and saw a gorgeous bedspread made out of all black and white yoyos.  So, I made this little travel kit up and keep it in the car.
 
 
It has needle, thread, scissors and lots of circles cut out of black and white prints.  I can just pick it up and take in anywhere or in the car and make yoyos.  I started with a circle about 3" in diameter so I'm ending up with yoyos about 1 1/2" finished.
 
Do you know how many it takes to make anything out of
1 1/2" yoyos?  I might get this done before I die - maybe not.
 
 
I thought I would start putting some of them together and it would make me feel like I was getting something accomplished.
 
NOT!
 
 
This is what I have put together so far - it measures approximately 6" x 14"!
 
But, it will be beautiful when I finish!!
 
Have you ever made yoyos?
 
Enjoy!
 
Judy
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment