Thursday 2 June 2016

Browse » home» » » Burlap Sunflowers

Burlap Sunflowers


 
How would you like a quick and easy tutorial on burlap sunflowers?
 
I always think of sunflowers at this time of the year.  I love them for their size and their brilliant colors.  So, I decided to play around and make some out of burlap.  These are so easy.
 
 
Take a bush of sunflowers - I got these at Michaels because I wanted the bigger ones.
 
 
Pull them gently apart.  This one had two large, two medium and one small petal piece, a center and a calyx.  We are going to use the petal pieces for patterns.
 
Pin them to your burlap.  I found I could easily cut two layers at a time.  You do need really good scissors. 
 
 
Then, you are going to take your wire stem from your original silk flower and stick it through the layers of burlap.  You will have the one small layer on top, then the two medium ones, the two large ones and the calyx.  In my case, the wire then pushed into the artificial center - got it? 
 
I did put some hot glue under the center and held the petal layers up around the center.  Then I pushed the calyx up tight and put several dabs of hot glue between it and the bottom layer of burlap.
 
 
Add your leaves and you are done.
 
 
I decided to put mine in a small aqua vase.  Hope you enjoy your burlap sunflowers.
 
You could basically do this with any type of silk flower using it as your pattern.  You do need the center and a calyx to hold it all together.
 
Enjoy!
 
Judy
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment