Thursday 8 September 2016

Browse » home» » » » » » My Latest Project and Obsession

My Latest Project and Obsession



You may or may not have noticed that I have been collecting Butter Pats for quite some time.  I have a bad habit of getting hung up on one thing and then just going overboard on collecting that item.

Well, I decided that I had plenty of butter pats and they were not out where anyone could see them when they were in the china cabinet.

So.......

On a recent visit to Fabricut Outlet (in Pryor, OK), I found this gorgeous frame with some really gaudy fabric on the inside of it for $5.00.

I instantly knew what I was going to do with it.

I covered the wood piece that was in it with a linen in a tan color.

Now, if you do something like this, with something breakable, you need to put a dab of hot blue under the linen where each little butter pat will be.  This will keep the butter pat from pulling out away from the backing.

Now, don't fuss at me for gluing them down.  I used hot glue and can always peel it off.  Before I glued them down, I wrote down anything they had printed on the back so I will know what is what.

Some of these may not be actual butter pats, but that is what they sold them to me as.

Here we go, row by row.....









Aren't they beautiful?  All of the varied colors, shapes and designs are so interesting.

The frame is 18" x 30" so it is a rather large piece.  Now, I cannot wait to hang it.

Enjoy!

Judy







No comments:

Post a Comment