Monday 12 September 2016

Browse » home» » » » » » HES HERE IN TULSA FINALLY!!!!!!

HES HERE IN TULSA FINALLY!!!!!!


Some of you may not know that I am a HUGE Garth Brooks fan - have been since before he was famous.  I did a large craft show and he was sitting on hay bales outside playing the guitar and singing and that was many, many years ago.

Then, in 1997, he came to Tulsa and did a five night show and yes, I went all five nights.  

Well, he's back in Tulsa this weekend and next and I'm going to see him on Sunday night.  I am so excited that I can hardly wait.

So, expect some Garth phone photos on Monday.  LOL

Now, on to less serious business....


Remember the large dollhouse I got last year already assembled?  I decided it was a little much to take on right now so....


John and I were on a little outing back in October and we passed this little junk store in a small town.  I immediately saw this blue dollhouse.  John immediately knew that the thing to do was to stop (I had him well trained).

I sauntered over and looked around at several things and casually ask the gentleman the price on the messed up dollhouse.

Imagine my shock when he said $10.00.  I could not pay him and get it in the truck fast enough.


It is in really bad shape.  They didn't do too good a job on putting on the wallpaper.


Everything is a little cockeyed.  Notice the stairs.  But, on closer examination after we got it home, most of it is things I can fix.  The stairs weren't glued down so it's just a matter of straightening up everything.


The outside is in shambles but nothing I can't fix.


They used an overabundance of wood glue (on shingles) but a Xacto knife and new shingles will take care of that.

So, needless to say, this is my project for 2015.  She sits proudly on my kitchen table where I can work on her when I get the chance.

I think after I conquer her, I'll start on the other one - maybe in the next ten or twenty years????

Enjoy!

And think of me with all of those cowboys and cowgirls on Sunday night.  I can hardly wait. (By the way, this was Tiffany's Christmas gift to me - the tickets to see Garth.  She truly knows my heart!)

Judy







No comments:

Post a Comment