Saturday 9 April 2016

Browse » home» » » Johns Shed

Johns Shed



John wrote:
Here is a pic of my garden shed for my Oriental
garden. It's mainly used for storage of my garden
tools, etc.



Here's pic 2 of my garden sheds seen from my deck. The small oriental-style shed on the right is storage for my potting area. The door construction was quite a project. I was trying to capture the feel of the temple doors that you see in Japan or China. It was a difficult project (and heavy) but quite satisfying when they were finished.


The strapping and back-plates were hand pounded 3/16 steel and the asian-style handles were from www.chinesebrasshardware.com
out of Calif. The wood-finish is, dark stain topped with red paint then lightly sanded, then a misting of gold paint and sealed with clear varnish.

A tip on construction
: use seasoned wood to decrease the chance of warpage.


--John (White Lake MI USA)

No comments:

Post a Comment