Tuesday 1 March 2016

Browse » home» » » » » » » Working on Mothers Day Memory Pillows!

Working on Mothers Day Memory Pillows!


 
Well, for the last few days, I have been making my Memory Pillows for Mother's Day gifts.  No one in their right mind would do this but me!  I start out with a rectangle of linen (approximately 8" x 10" finished size), and I hand stitch various vintage laces, doilies, buttons, etc. on each pillow.  Each one is uniquely different and one of a kind.  I have seven made and will be putting them on my Etsy shop tonight later so you can order them in time for the holiday.
 
I also will gift wrap them and enclose a Mother's Day card if you need them shipped elsewhere.  Each pillow is made with a pocket of lace and/or doily which holds a reproduction of a mother and child and a vintage Mother's Day card.  They have various trim including rolled roses, vintage buttons, doilies, pearls, etc.  Each one has a cluster of hand dyed, crinkled seam binding in the corner.
 
You can take the photos out and replace with your own vintage ones if desired! 
 
So, here's what I've been doing.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Enjoy!
 
Judy
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment