Tuesday 1 March 2016

Browse » home» » » » » A Simple Americana Project!

A Simple Americana Project!




What do you do when you have some old wooden shutters laying around the garage?
Well, you make an American flag.

I had these shutters - there were two of them hinged together - and I took them apart.  It was already white so all I did was divide the shutter part into four sections horizonally.  I painted them as you can see and when I was finished, I decided that it needed a little more depth, so I went back with a dark burgundy color and floated in a little shadow on the left side of each red stripe.

You may have seen this floating around on the internet.  When I finally traced it down, she had used a real fabric flag and folded it in the shutter to look similar to this one.

I will be putting this out on my porch above my little bench.

Enjoy!

Judy


No comments:

Post a Comment