Monday 14 March 2016

Browse » home» » » » » » » » » » A Day Sure Can Make A Difference The Big Storm!

A Day Sure Can Make A Difference The Big Storm!


 
Tuesday was a beautiful Spring day in Tulsa, Oklahoma.  The sun was shining and all was well with the world.
 
 
My Weeping Cherry tree was blooming.
 
 
I picked the girls up from Daycare, we had ice cream and we went to their home and they played.....
 
 
and played....
 
 
and played.
 
Then Wednesday came.  The Weather Bureau kept saying we were going to have severe thunderstorms.  But, in Oklahoma, we hear that all Spring.
 
This time, they were not kidding.
 
 
This is my back yard full of hailstones.  It's hard to see because it was raining like crazy and the winds were approximately 80 mph.
 
 
I'm really not a heavy drinker.  I have a big trash container on the side of the house that I keep tin cans in.  The cans were all over the back yard and I still haven't found the big trash can.
 
 
I thought these had blown off of my storage building.  However, today, I find it was my neighbor's - not mine.
 
 
This is the house across the street with what is left of their tree in the front yard.
 
I have lived in Tulsa for 45 years and have been thru lots of tornado alerts but I have never been as scared as I was last night. 
 
I literally stood at my patio doors and watched a huge brown cloud turn into a tornado right before my eyes.  It never touched the ground - thank goodness.  It was very scary.
 
I just prayed to God and John to watch over Bella and I and protect us.  And they did.
 
There was a lot of damage in Sand Springs on the west side of Tulsa - one fatality.
 
But, now I'm thinking my next investment may be a storm shelter.  That's how scary it was.
 
Judy
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment