Thursday 24 March 2016

Browse » home» » » » » » » » What A Fun Week I Have Had!!

What A Fun Week I Have Had!!



I have been in Missouri visiting my sister Jeannie.  My other sister Rita and I go up for the annual CityWide Garage Sale each year and have our "Sisters' Weekend".  We always have such a good time.

But first, before we get to that - I have been making Mother's Day Memory pillows.  Check them out on my Etsy.

So, here they are:

#1 - SOLD

#2 - SOLD

#3

#4

#5

and #6

They are 8" x 10" and are covered in vintage lace - all hand sewn on.  The doilies form a pocket in which I have put a reproduction of a Mother's Day card and a Mother and child photo.  You can insert personal items if you desire. 

Now, on to the garage sales -


You see several McCoy pieces - SCORE!!  The two round pieces that are identical - one is marked McCoy and the other is USA but they are identical.


I especially love these turned knives and butter knives.


Lots of pretty plates, vintage linens and of course, S&P Shakers.


Isn't this aqua and red vintage tablecloth precious?  It will certainly make some adorable pillows.  And the aqua dog is protecting it.


Look at the beautiful and delicate embroidery on this piece.


More dishes and a framed Counted Cross Stitch piece.


This was at one house we shopped at.  The lady said it was a Wisteria.  Isn't it gorgeous?  The only bad thing was that it was completely covered in big yellow and black bumble bees.


I also got this concrete piece for my flowerbeds.  And speaking of flowerbeds....


this is my new Columbine.  And can you believe that my Hosta has gone from this


to this in one week?


God does amazing work, doesn't He?

This is only about one third of my haul.  So, stay tuned for more and also a special announcement of a great giveaway in the next few days.

Enjoy!

Judy













No comments:

Post a Comment