Friday 27 May 2016

Browse » home» » » » » » My Little Smoking Stand Redone!

My Little Smoking Stand Redone!


 
Do you remember the little smoking stand I got a few weeks ago at the Flea Market? 
 
 
Well, I redid it this week.  I started out by taking off the door and cleaning the whole piece thoroughly.
 
 
I then gave it two coats of Plaster Paint's Toasted Marshmellow.  After the two coats of Plaster Paint, I used the Paste Wax from Plaster Paint.  Then I buffed it.
 
 
Now, don't panic anyone.  I used pages out of this book - "The Complete Poems of Emily Dickinson" - which had already had a bunch of pages torn out of it when I bought it.
 

I then used Mod Podge and torn pages to cover the door and also the little shelf inside.
 
 
After that had dried, I added a print of an old seed catalogue complete with bird and applied more Mod Podge.
 
I then trimmed the edges of the door and shelf and lightly sanded the edges.
 
At this point the door was too bright for the cabinet and so I antiqued it down around the edges with a tea dyed ink.
 
 
I intentionally left the inside of the cabinet and the door the wood finish it started with.  I then reattached the door and put back the original door handle. ( Note:  The inside wood is not nearly this red - it is a walnut colored stain????)
 
 
I sanded this piece down some but not a whole lot.  I just sanded where there would be wear and tear - like on the corners and some on the legs.
 
I am very happy with how this turned out!
 
Hope you like it also!
 
Enjoy!
 
Judy
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment