Tuesday 31 May 2016

Browse » home» » » » My Bargain Bulbs

My Bargain Bulbs



I was at Wal Mart a few days after Christmas and beside the check out stand they had these boxes of bulbs left over from the holidays.
 
So, I bought one of Paperwhites and one Amaryllis.
 
 
When I got home and opened the boxes, the amaryllis had already grown outside of the box.  I didn't know if it would still bloom or not.  These were amazing in that they had a little block of loam in the bottom which you added a cup of water to and it instantly filled the flower pot with rich dirt.  So, I planted the bulbs and quite honestly, I was not even sure I put them in right side up.
 
A gardener I am not!!
 
But, the amaryllis stem started growing like a weed.  There were two stalks of the amaryllis.  It just grew almost overnight.
 
 
This one stalk had four huge flowers on it.
 
Hurray!  I spent four dollars for both boxes and I have certainly enjoyed them both.
 
I have been under the weather all week with a respiratory virus which included a trip to the Urgent Care.  They of course, tested me for the Flu - which I did not have.  So, I've just had the fever, coughing and sneezing all week and have spent most of it in bed.  Bella loves for me to spend that much time in bed.  LOL She does expect me to get up and let her out occasionally and feed her.
 
But, I think I am on the mend and really do need to get busy updating my Etsy shop for Spring.
 
Judy
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment