Thursday 8 December 2016

Browse » home» » » » » My Love of Painting

My Love of Painting



Besides sewing, my other love in life is painting.  When John and I were newly married, he worked long hours and Johnny had started to school.  I had always worked and was at a loss as to what to do with my time.  John really wanted me to stay home because we had moved to a new state and Johnny was just starting school.  So, I said ok - will give it a try.

I have never once wanted to go back to a full time job.  I did my arts and crafts, interior design work, etc. when and if I wanted to.  I have always loved art and received a full scholarship to college in art and also received an offer to go to work in KC for Hallmark cards.  But, I wanted to get married and have a family.

Back to paragraph one.  I took up Tole painting as a hobby and was really hooked. 

The above painting of violets is Tole painting.  You have a distinct pattern and the teacher shows you every step of the way to paint the pattern.  I loved it!

We moved to Tulsa and I started taking art lessons and before long, I was teaching beginning Tole classes.

At that point, Tole was done in oils.  It slowly progressed into acrylics. 

Then, I decided to take up watercolors - which in my opinion, are the hardest to do.  There's no mistakes in watercolors.  When you put that paint down, it's there to stay. 


Watercolors are most generally, so light and airy.


I painted this of Carmine, our red Doberman Pincher for John.


We had two precious granddaughters move in with us and we raised them.  What a blessing they were.  This was their bedroom door (which I've never repainted).  It is the ME Queen of Everything.  It is very hard to get a picture of because our hallway is rather tight.  I'm standing in the bathroom to take this picture.


This is from the end of the hallway.

I've also painted canvas in oils.  But, that is definitely not my cup of tea.  I did one painting for John one year at Christmas and that was the end of canvas painting for me.

So, just a little insight into my world of painting.

Enjoy!

Judy






No comments:

Post a Comment